- 2/3 cup warm water 95-105F for proofing
- 3 tsp honey
- 3 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 tsp psyllium husk
- 1 1/2 tsp Pink salt
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c to 2/3 cup warm water (extra as needed)
Place active psyllium husk in 2/3 c warm water (95-105 F) and mix with honey. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together your dry ingredients. Add the psyllium husk mixture together with dry ingredients, then add the ghee and vinegar. Mix well, then add 1/2 c of warm water until you get soft sticky dough. If the dough seems too dry (depending on the kind of flour you’re using), mix in any extra water only as needed.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes in the mixing bowl.
- If your dough is sticky, that’s ok! Grease the bread tin with ghee and dust some dry flour or you can use parchment paper. Pour the dough mixture into the tin and spread it with wet hands.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree for 35 to 40 minutes. The dough usually takes 70 minutes to 90 minutes to rise.
- Let bread cool on the counter for 10 minutes to 15 minutes before slicing into it.
A gut friendly, gluten free bread with the perfect blend of dietary fiber and the richness of oats.