Jowar flour/ Rice flour - 2 cups
Himalayan salt as per taste
Water as required
*Tip- Use warm water to make it a soft bhakri*
- Add the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix it well.
- Add warm water, mix and knead to get a soft pliable dough.
- Heat a tawa.
- Divide the dough into 2-3 portions. Shape each portion into a ball.
- Dust a flat work surface with dry flour.
- Press and pat each dough ball,with the palm of your hand to make a thin circle.
- Take care that the dough does not stick at the bottom and should move freely with your hands.
- Carefully lift this dough with both your hands and place it on a hot iron griddle.
- Spread a little water with your hands on the surface of the Bhakri and then flip it over with a flat spatula.
- Cook on high flame till some brown spots appear on the lower surface of the Bhakri.
- Take it off the griddle flip again and gently put it directly on the flame.
- Cook till you see brown spots or till it balloons up.
- Serve rice flour bhakri recipe with curries/sabji to make a filling portion of the meal.
Jowar/ Rice bhakari is gluten free.
It is the best alternative for wheat/ refined flour.
Millets and rice are easy to digest and helps to reduce inflammation in the body.
One of iThrive’s biggest focus is to teach anyone how to harness the healing power of food. In order to do this, we have been creating innovative and delicious recipes that are filling, tasty and full of healing benefits. This one is just one of those recipes.