- Coconut milk - 220 ml
- Cooked rice - 1 bowl
- Saffron - 4 to 5 strands
- Walnuts - 3 to 4 (soaked and chopped)
- Raisins - 10-12
- Custard apple - 2 (deseeded & chopped)
- Organic Honey - 2 tsp
- Elaichi powder - as per taste
- In a small bowl add 2 spoons of coconut milk and in it add 2-3 strands of kesar and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the coconut milk and bring it to a boil on medium flame . Add saffron strands infused coconut milk. Now, add cooked rice and elaichi powder as per the taste.
- Let it cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chopped & overnight soaked walnuts with raisins to the milk and keep stirring on low to medium flame for 5 minutes until the coconut milk starts thickening.
- Take the pan off the flame and let the kheer cool down.
- Blend 2 deseeded custard apples in a mixer until a smooth paste is formed.
- Now add the blended custard apple and organic honey in the cooled kheer.
- Lastly, garnish the kheer with raisins and saffron before serving.
Ditch the basic kheer and indulge into this classic dairy free recipe which has anti microbial and anti inflammatory properties. It reduces oxidative damage and boosts the immune system.
So this festive season don't sabotage your health goal and enjoy lucious sitaphal rice kheer.
One of iThrive’s biggest focus is to teach anyone how to harness the healing power of food. In order to do this, we have been creating innovative and delicious recipes that are filling, tasty and full of healing benefits. This one is just one of those recipes.