- Tomatoes: 500 gm
- Onion: 1 medium
- Bottle Gourd: 200-250 gm
- Carrot: 2-3 medium
- Beetroot: ½ cup (optional)
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Bay Leaf: 2
- Garlic: 5-7 clove
- Ginger: 2-3 inch
- Black pepper: as per taste (coarsely grounded)
- Coriander leaves: for garnishing
- Himalayan Salt: As per taste
In a cooker, add 1-2 cups of water and add all the clean and cut vegetables along with ginger, garlic and bay leaf and let it cook till 2-3 whistles.
- Once cooked, remove the bay leaves and add the rest of the vegetables to a blender after it cools down to give it a good blend until smooth consistency.
- The prepared puree can be strained to remove excess roughage
- In a pan add butter and saute the puree. Bring it to a boil and add salt and black pepper as per taste.
- To maintain the consistency, add water if required and give it a boil.
Garnish it with coriander leaves and the soup is ready to be served!!
One of the most comforting and easy to prepare tomato soup is rich in antioxidants. The right balance of sweet and sour flavors gives the soup a perfect homely feeling during wintertime just like a warm hug!!
Recipe Created By
One of iThrive’s biggest focus is to teach anyone how to harness the healing power of food. In order to do this, we have been creating innovative and delicious recipes that are filling, tasty and full of healing benefits. This one is just one of those recipes.