- Konjac Noodles: 100gms
- Thick Coconut milk: 1 and ½ glass
- Besan: 30 - 50 gm
- Carrots: 20gm
- Green beans: 10gm
- Bell peppers: 10gm
- Mushrooms: 4-5
- Garlic: 6-7 pods
- Ginger: 2 inch ginger
- Coriander stems: 3-4 strands
- Shallots: 4 pieces
- Green chillies: 2 chillies
- Coconut oil: 3-4 tsp
- Salt: As per taste
- Grind garlic, ginger, coriander stems, coriander seeds, shallots, green chillies into a smooth paste using a blender. Add a little water while blending.
- Heat oil in a large pot, add garlic and saute lightly. As the garlic begins to gain color, add shallots, and chillies. Stir and saute for 2-4 minutes until the shallots become slightly translucent.
- Add the ground paste and cook over a medium flame for 4-5 minutes. Add besan and stir to combine. Cook further for 2 minutes and stir continuously. Slowly add the vegetable broth and keep mixing until there are no lumps.
- Add the vegetable, salt and simmer for 20 minutes and let the flavors infuse well in the broth.
- Add coconut milk and mix well. Turn off the heat and set aside to serve.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil, add some salt and oil to the water to prevent noodles from sticking. Add the noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes until the noodles are soft but still have a slight bite to it (al dente). Drain the noodles and give them a quick rinse in cold running water and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat, Add sliced shallots and fry till it becomes golden brown. Use a skimmer to remove the shallots and place over a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In the same pan, add garlic and fry till it browns. Remove and place over a paper towel. Follow the same process for ginger and noodles.
- To serve, assemble all the topping on a serving platter. Arrange a bowl with fresh noodles. Top it over with the coconut milk broth and add the toppings and enjoy hot!
Khao Suey is a wholesome one pot meal, packed with nutrition and taste. The anti-inflammatory property of coconut milk along with multiple vitamins and minerals from the veggies gives this dish a rich flavor which is also known to boost immunity.
One of iThrive’s biggest focus is to teach anyone how to harness the healing power of food. In order to do this, we have been creating innovative and delicious recipes that are filling, tasty and full of healing benefits. This one is just one of those recipes.